On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 09:51:56AM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > claims that the 'Completion deadline' "falls on the same day as the
> > Alpha milestone freeze", but the Fedora Release Life Cycle page -
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Release_Life_Cycle - claims it
> > falls on the same day as the branch point, which is two weeks *before*
> > the Alpha freeze. Given this inconsistency I didn't really feel
> It's even worse: on the FESCo-approved F27 schedule, the Completion
> deadline is neither of those, but instead at two weeks *before* the
> branch point. This is almost certainly my fault by oversight when I was
> proposing what the schedule would look like without an alpha.

Ooh. We discussed this.
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/teams/fesco/fesco.2017-03-17-16.00.log.html
down at about 17:21:38. I think we may have been suffering from meeting
fatigue at that point, but the crucial but if the conversation was:

17:21:22 <mattdm> what about the change checkpoint?
17:21:38 <mattdm> (and if we push that back, should we also push back
         the self-contained changes deadline?)
17:21:42 <dgilmore> mattdm: the earlier changes are submitted the better
17:21:43 <mattdm> (sorry to reopen all of that)
17:21:53 <mattdm> ok. so, leave the deadline?
17:22:06 <dgilmore> I think so yes
17:22:11 <mattdm> I guess having the checkpoint earlier is ok too
17:22:24 <dgilmore> after a cycle or two we can evaluate if we need to make
         changes
17:22:37 <mattdm> definitely
17:22:37 <sgallagh> I agree with keeping the change timeline where it is
17:23:04 <mattdm> ok, so, now, previously almost-voted-on schedule with
         everything the same but the branch pushed back by two weeks

.... so I think the F27 schedule as it is represents the current
policy. I'm, as of right now, not particularly convinced of the
_realism_ of this and am thinking we should put it back to being *at*
the branch point. In a magical world we would at branch point decide to
pull in only changes that are complete, but we don't currently have any
way to do that.

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>