I think you've basically analyzed it correctly.

The patches have been added to the ‘sources’ file (and so are pulled
from the lookaside cache).  This is of course wrong.

The new patches are in git, but these are overwritten by the lookaside
cache.

The easiest thing is to simply edit the ‘sources’ file and remove all
the lines from it which mention a patch -- in the currently checked in
‘sources’ file basically all the lines except the very first one.

It should work after you commit that change.
Ah indeed, I forgot to look at the actual sources file, I just looked what was marked as Source in the spec. Thanks for the hint!

Sandro