On 09/01/2017 12:46 PM, Tom Hughes wrote:

>>> it takes as long someone from releng tells Koji manually about it… It
>>> can take up to one day.
>>
>> What a surprise! Why is it a separate procedure from the repository
>> creation step? Could a status update be added to the ticket that one
>> opens?
>
> Well as I understand it the idea is that it should happen automatically
> but there is a bug that has yet to be tracked down and hence it is
> currently being done manually when the automatic update fails.

Right. This is absolutely not the intended process. There are two
scripts here:

1) A script that listens for fedmsgs on new package or branch creation
and also syncs this to koji.

2) A script runs once a day and syncs all packages to koji.

Script 1 isn't working and we haven't determined why (but we did add a
bunch of debugging to it a few days ago, so it should be fixed post
flock I would expect).

If you can wait a day things should be fine. Otherwise, I'm happy to
manually sync packages to lessen any blockage or delay for people.

Hope that makes sense...

kevin