Hi,

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 9:12 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> At the moment the appstream-builder requires a 48x48px application
> icon[1] to be included in the AppStream metadata. I'm sure it's no
> surprise that 48x48 padded to 64x64 and then interpolated up to
> 128x128 (for HiDPI screens) looks pretty bad. For F28 and higher I'm
> going to raise the minimum size to 64x64 which I hope people realize
> is actually a really low bar. I'm not sure whether to mass file bugs
> or just try to contact maintainers directly.

Most maintainers are not graphic artists. Moreover if they had available an
higher resolution icon, they would already ship it.

I also don't think that nagging upstream about these missing icons is
really welcome - most of the times even upstream doesn't have a graphic
artist available.

I believe the correct way to solve this issue is that Fedora Design team
(if available) provides new icons to upstream.

This can be a long process and therefore I don't think it is safe to raise
the minimum size requirement to 64x64 any time soon.

Bye,

Andrea