On Sat, Sep 30, 2017 at 2:40 PM, Chuck Anderson <c...@wpi.edu> wrote:
> PackageKit fills up /var/cache/PackageKit with downloaded packages.
> If you always use dnf and not the graphical updater, it will never get
> deleted and the system will crash when / runs out of space.  The
> upgrade itself also uses space to download everything.

Due to running into the same problem as Howard, I now do the following
whenever I set up a new Fedora system:
- Add a weekly cron job that runs "pkcon refresh force -c -1"
- Edit /etc/systemd/journald.conf to have the entry: "MaxRetentionSec=3month"

Even then, I always aggressively nuke stuff in /var/cache just before
doing a system upgrade, because the upgrade has a distressing tendency
to fail due to lack of space otherwise.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/