----- Mail original -----
De: "Matthew Miller"
> Also we might be able to forward-port patches from the latest ESR.

Though that would not be overly nice to upstream. They took the pain of
creating, documenting and supporting two specific update streams to coordinate
this change, I'm quite sure they would be very cross with Fedora if it invented
some sort of mongrel update path at the last minute (besides how would it work
for extensions, they rely on the Firefox version having a specific meaning, are
we going to requalify all the existing extension universe?).

If Fedora is getting cold feet at the last minute the best solution would be to
package ESR separately and make it available for people that don't really want
to be "First". It's probable Mozilla will use the next ESR branching for
similar invasive changes anyway now it's been set up.

And yes downgrading from current to ESR is going to cause breakage, but it's a
bit late to change gears without breakage one way or another. Consistent
breakage with upstream is way better than Fedora-specific breakage

At least, IMHO

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot