On 10/13/2017 07:11 PM, nicolas.mail...@laposte.net wrote:

Which all means our release planning is too focused on Gnome and not enough
thought is put into the roadmap of major non-Gnome desktop apps such as Firefox
or Libreoffice. I'd argue that this kind of Firefox change is way more
impacting for our users than the latest gnome settings redesign.

Definitely. Fedora in danger to become (or already is) Gnome's and Firefox's "puppet".

This needs to change. Fedora should be in service of its users not arbitrary upstreams or their package maintainers.

Too late to switch to ESR now, the best outcome would be to make FF57 a major
feature of F27 (since it will be), ship it (even as prerelease) from day 1 and
pretend that was always what our release engineering intended to do.
IMHO, it would be reasonable and common sense to either postpone F27 until FF57 has become stable or to revert the firefox change.

Ralf