>> Hi all --
>>
>> As part of a documentation project I'm working on with the Fedora
>> Atomic WG, I started packaging asciibinder[1] with the intention of
>> getting the package into Fedora. Along the way[2], I encountered a
>> bunch of required, unpackaged dependencies, which would also have to
>> be added to Fedora.
>>
>> [1] http://asciibinder.org/
>> [2] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jasonbrooks/asciibin
>> der/packages/
>>
>> It has me wondering whether packaging these gems as rpms is
>> worthwhile, especially since we'd end up running asciibinder in a
>> container, anyway.
>>
>> What are people's thoughts on the value of packaging gems -- it's it
>> worthwhile, is it somehow UnFedora to not bother to package them?

Also consider that:

1 - your are sure that there is no broken depencies.
2 - when a new version of ruby is available those gems will be verified to
work in next mass rebuild.
3 - all available tests as checked in every build.
4 - koshei will inform you new depencies changes.
5 - there will be stable software stack per release