Przemek Klosowski <przemek.klosow...@nist.gov> wrote:

>  In MediaWiki, revisions compared in a diff do not need to
> belong to the same article.  So for example, to compare the
> current revision of...(488139) to the current revision of
> ...(505754), you can use the URL
> https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?diff=505754&oldid=488139
> This is not as convenient (or obvious :-)) as your approach,

> Is there a way to click into that, or do you just know the URL and
> substituted the IDs by hand? How did you get the IDs of the two pages in the
> first place?

This kind of URL is not exposed by the UI (AFAIAA).  I as-
sembled the URL by:

1. Going to
   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Release_Life_Cycle,
   "history", "Compare selected revisions" which gives

https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Fedora_Release_Life_Cycle&diff=488140&oldid=488139
   (which means 488140 is the current revision (on the right
   side of the diff)),

2. doing the same for
   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jkurik/Fedora_Release_Life_Cycle
   which gives

https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=User%3AJkurik%2FFedora_Release_Life_Cycle&diff=505754&oldid=505738,
   and

3. assembling the URL by removing the "title" parameter
   (just for cosmetics), setting the "oldid" parameter to
   the revision to appear on the left side and the "diff"
   parameter to the revision to appear on the right side.

(Cf.
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Parameters_to_index.php#View_and_render
for documentation.)

Tim