​Hello Christian,​

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 2:44 PM, Christian Dersch <lupinix.fed...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> sorry but I think this mail goes into the completely wrong direction… You
> claim that you don't want to point any fingers, but instead you blame *all*
> proven packagers, including me.

​my intention was not to blame all packagers maintainers, and it definitely
went the wrong direction - I can see that.​

> I claim that I respect the policies for
> example. Only reason to use the rights are pure rebuilds for me, in case of
> soname bumps and already broken dependencies. So when things are already
> broken and a rebuild solves it. For changes in packages I used Bugzilla for
> long time. Now we have pagure with its very nice pull request mechanism I
> use
> in these cases to work with the maintainer. I know many other (proven)
> packagers doing the same.

​And for that I thank you - this is what I would expect from proven
packagers workflow.​

> So blaming all of them… sorry… NO!

​Please accept my apologies (and others as well) if you're following the
Proven Packager policies and you have taken my initial e-mail personally.
It was not intended to offend people who follow the policies. (Actually it
was not intended to offend anyone.)​

> I know what you want to say though, as I also know that *some* proven
> packagers abuse their rights. I also had that situation with few of my
> packages, but I managed this with the specific proven packager then. If
> some
> proven packagers abuses his access again and again, an issue has to be
> filed
> @FESCo, so they can instruct the packager and maybe remove the proven
> packager
> rights later in case of another abuse.

​This was the first time happening for me so I can't tell if it was
actually recurring case or not. It seemed to me too far to take this to
FESco straight away. Instead I tried to remind the proven packagers of the
policy. However, I must admit that the format of this was based on
affection and therefore not ideally chosen.

Best regards,

Dee'Kej​