JA> Perl: perl-foo Python: python-foo NodeJs (NPM): nodejs-foo Ruby:
JA> rubygem-foo R: R-foo PHP: php-foo Golang: golang-foo

Those are all for libraries in the given language.

JA> The prefix pattern "rust-parallel" looks better.

This is not a library written in rust.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Library_or_Application.3F

If you discount the guidelines for multiple parallel-installable
versions of the same package, we don't really have an established naming
convention for alternate versions of a "thing".  Best I can think of are
things like libart_lgpl (which doesn't and maybe never did have a
non-lgpl version), reentrant versions of libraries like libqhull_r
(which has the least useful package %description I've ever seen), though
those aren't generally packaged separately, or, I don't know,
chromium-libs-media-freeworld (which I know isn't a Fedora package).

Honestly I'd just pretend that what you have really _is_ a different
version of the same package, but instead of being version '3', it's
version 'rust'.  And for that we have
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Naming#Multiple_packages_with_the_same_base_name
which would suggest "parallel-rust".

For the actual executables, we have a long tradition of prefixing 'k'
for kerberized versions of things, and postfixing version numbers,
sometimes with dashes.  Which really doesn't clarify much of anything.
About all we can say with certainty is that this package can't install
/usr/bin/parallel.

 - J<