On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 11:42 AM, Tomasz Kłoczko
<kloczko.tom...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3 January 2018 at 17:09, Charalampos Stratakis <cstra...@redhat.com> wrote:
> [..]
>> You might want to take a look at https://pagure.io/python-fixrequires which
>> is from a python-SIG member, and modify it for your usecase.
>>
>> It basically forks a repo, makes the changes to the SPEC, pushes it to your
>> fork and creates a PR to the original repo.
>
> I don't think that this could be used because each change needs to be
> reviewed before commit.
>
> All because only standard of writing spec file is there-is-no-standard.
> IMO it should be implemented some kind of spec indentation script
> which will make all disputes about spec styles pointless as all specs
> should be formatted in the same way.
> Many years ago when I've been working on PLD we wrote such spec
> indentation tool using few KB awk script. using this script was
> possible to keep the same style across all spec files with:
> - put in exact order spec fields in spec preamble
> - format all %description to 80 cols
> - put in spec exact order of %packages and %files sections
> - substitute exact strings to use macros

For a while, I've been thinking about porting over the excellent
spec-cleaner[1] tool from openSUSE for doing this with Fedora
packages.

I may actually decide to do this, depending on how much spare time I can muster.

[1]: https://github.com/openSUSE/spec-cleaner