On 8 January 2018 at 12:28, Matthew Miller <mat...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 08, 2018 at 09:16:05AM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
>> A significant miss here is 'testing'. Making an arch primary means we
>> need to ensure we have the necessary resources to run all the relevant
>> validation testing.
>
> Are there hardware needs here? (Like, not in the server room but in QA
> team member's hands?)

I would say in both. We would need to make sure we have enough systems
which openqa can reliably run on and we need to have some sort of
system that testers can get a hand on. That would require a bit of a
'we expect this hardware to work and this is how you buy/get it' from
the aarch64 team.. otherwise most everyone is going to come and ask
why the raspberry pi 3 isn't supported (just like they did with the
raspberry pi 1 and 2.) [I am not looking to rehash why it isn't ..
more that is what most testers can get their hands on easily.. and it
is not a aarch64 platform we support).

> --
> Matthew Miller
> <mat...@fedoraproject.org>