El lun, 08-01-2018 a las 09:16 -0800, Adam Williamson escribió:
> On Mon, 2018-01-08 at 14:40 +0100, Jan Kurik wrote:
> >
> > == Scope ==
> > * Proposal owners:
> > The general AArch64 support is already in place and is widely and
> > actively supported by the Fedora ARM SIG and numerous ARM vendors
> > and
> > third parties in Fedora. There will be further and wider support,
> > hardware enablement, polish and general improvements.
> >
> > * Other developers:
> > N/A: There's no work required for other developers, the aarch64
> > architecture is already widely supported as an Alternate
> > Architecture.
> >
> > * Release engineering:
> > Needs approval from release engineering as a primary architecture
> > as
> > well as pungi configuration changes to output artifacts to new
> > location on the primary mirror.
> > rel-eng ticket #7243: https://pagure.io/releng/issue/7243
> >
> > * Policies and guidelines:
> > Updates to the primary architectures and release blocking details
> > will
> > need to be updated to reflect that the AArch64 Server/Cloud/Docker
> > components are now considered primary.
> >
> > * Trademark approval:
> > N/A (not needed for this Change)
>
> A significant miss here is 'testing'. Making an arch primary means we
> need to ensure we have the necessary resources to run all the
> relevant
> validation testing.
>
> I note pwhalen is a co-owner of the proposal so he's likely signed up
> to ensure testing gets done, but still, it should be properly covered
> in the Change document itself.
>
> As a further note, almost all the Server validation for x86_64 is
> done
> by openQA; doing it manually can be a considerable pain, as you have
> set up a mini FreeIPA deployment. It would probably be best if we add
> aarch64 workers to the Fedora openQA deployment to run these tests on
> aarch64; we've already extended openQA (staging) to ppc64, so all the
> bits should be in place for us to add another arch, pretty much. I'm
> going to follow up on this with pwhalen.
>
> Another consideration would be whether we ought to also have aarch64
> support in Taskotron, if it's going to become a primary arch. I'm not
> actually sure if Taskotron currently covers 32-bit ARM, though, even.

currently taskotron is x86 only.  I am not sure what it would take to
extend it beyond x86, it would be a worthwhile investigation. It would
be useful to have all arches in openQA regardless of primary or
secondary status. I would like to see openQA working for aarch64 in
Fedora's instance a hard requirement of this change.

Dennis