On 10 January 2018 at 14:46, Andrew Lutomirski <l...@mit.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 11:38 AM, Stephen John Smoogen <smo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> > Could Fedora, perhaps, come up with a way to make incremental metadata
>> > updates fast?  This shouldn't be particularly hard -- a tool like
>> > casync or even svn should work pretty well.  Or it could be a simple
>>
>> This sounds a lot like the Atomic project and how it does things...
>>

> Maybe some of Atomic's infrastructure could be used to distribute metadata
> for regular old Fedora.

OK clearly I should not try to help with a single sentence email as it
didn't help anyone. I should have asked more questions on what you
meant by metadata and what you meant by distribution and how svn would
have been used instead. I should have also asked if you knew enough
about how atomic did things to give an informed opinion on how that
was similar to the request. Without that we ended up talking past each
other.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.