> Hi folks!
>
> Kernel updates for Fedora 26 and Fedora 27 are now available with
> initial mitigations for both Spectre variants. As the update
> description states:
>
> "This is also the first update to contain some spectre mitigations.
> Some patches for variant 1 as well as the initial retpoline build for
> variant 2. These variant 2 mitigations will improve with further
> patches, and once compiler support is improved."
>
> As for the Meltdown fix, the testing we're primarily interested here is
> just to boot the kernel and verify that it doesn't break anything
> unexpected. If the new kernel boots and works OK for you, please leave
> positive feedback.
>
> Thanks very much!
>
> For extra credit, the kernel maintainers are also interested in seeing
> some data from AMD users. They're interested in at least this output:
>
> # dmesg | grep Spectre
> # grep spectre /proc/cpuinfo
>
> if you have an AMD CPU, it'd be great if you can post the output of
> those commands on your system as a Bodhi comment.
>
> F26: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2018-e6fe35524d
> F27: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2018-21a7ad920c

...sigh, and *once again*, just as I sent out the call for testing, the
updates went into 'locked' state, which due to a bug in Bodhi at
present means you can't comment on them until they're unlocked again.

Sorry about that! Once the updates complete push to testing, you'll be
able to comment on them again. And Randy promises me this will be fixed
in Bodhi soon.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey