I wanted to share with you that the Fedora Council has approved[0] the
latest installment of the Modularity Objective during today's meeting. The
new Objective is "Fedora Modularization — The Release[1]" and the first
"implementation vehicle" is captured in the F28 Addon Modularity Change[2].

As you may have heard, we tried to release the F27 Server Edition as a
"Modular Distribution" but we ran in to some pretty severe problems. As a
result, we have rethought the approach to be even less invasive and allow
for a simpler, phased approach to adoption. If you would like to read more
about the new architecture and why we think it will succeed, see Stephen
Gallagher excellent blog post[3]. He and I will also be presenting on the
topic at two sessions[4][5] on DevConf.  Adam Samalik & I will be
presenting at FOSDEM[6]. Finally, I will also be presenting at SCALE 16x[7].

Please let us know if you have questions or comments here or in
#fedora-modularity.

Langdon White
Modularity Objective Lead^3

[0]: https://pagure.io/Fedora-Council/tickets/issue/170
[1]:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Objectives/Fedora_Modularization_%E2%80%94_The_Release
[2]: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/F28AddonModularity
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Objectives/Fedora_Modularization_%E2%80%94_The_Release>
[3]:
https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/modularity-dead-long-live-modularity/

Expect changes in the titles and abstracts:
[4]:
https://devconfcz2018.sched.com/event/DJV6/modules-servers-and-containers-oh-my
[5]:
https://devconfcz2018.sched.com/event/DJYL/fedora-modular-server-in-the-real-world