On Mon, 2018-01-22 at 19:53 +0000, Tom Hughes wrote:
> On 22/01/18 15:58, Adam Williamson wrote:
>
> > I have a dual monitor setup with both monitors rotated, using an
> > NVIDIA
> > adapter (9600 GT). Works fine, uses Wayland. Again, you need to be
> > *very specific* about graphics issues. They are very often very
> > specific to the exact hardware in use - down to the model of the
> > graphics card and which specific outputs are used.
>
> 1 x NVIDIA Corporation G84 [GeForce 8600 GT]
>
> with DVI-I-1 connected to 2560x1600 panel
> and DVI-I-2 connected to 1600x1200 panel rotated right
>
> 1 x NVIDIA Corporation GT218 [GeForce 210]
>
> with DVI-I-1-3 connected to 1600x1200 panel rotated right
>
> I can't see any obvious indication in the logs of why it fell back
> but
> if it's not rotation maybe it's having multiple cards?
>
> Tom
>
> --
> Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
> http://compton.nu/
My setup is as follows:
AMD Fx(tm)-8300 eight-core processor x8
64-bit
AMD Oland graphics
Gnome 3.24.2
976GB disk
Dual monitors
        ViewSonic 23" Primary
        Samsung Electric Company 23"
Fedora 26
Wayland (normal login, but Xorg login has similar issues)
Programs experiencing issues:
        PixyMon after rebuild crashes
        Gscheme simply goes away
        System updated at each prompt, including today.
        Running Gschem by invoking it from a terminal provides no
unusual information. Tried on both monitors.
        LibreOffice Calc has died once or twice, not sure, can't repeat
that.
        Occasionally rapid mouse movement to the Activities bar causes
logout.  Can't get repeatable to determine if any application causes
it.
        Frequently my use has up to 20 tabs open in firefox, evolution
up (like now), and one or two other applications open simultaneously,
like now I have settings showing the display info.

        Checking jounalctl and dmesg has not revealed anything
pertinent.  Can you gentlefolk suggest anyplace else to look?  Or is
there any more information you need?

        I thought there was a tool to list installed boards, but can't
find it.  Any thoughts there, other than opening up the system and
getting the label information?

Regards,
Les H