On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 11:38:59PM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

>> I would take over gdal and grass if nobody else steps forward to do so
>> (I'd rather have someone with more knowledge in the field of gis be
>> the maintainer).

> You can talk to the existing co-maintainers and see what you/they would
> like to do?

The only co-maintainer of the two packages was CCed on my previous email
- I havent received a reply to that.

I would suggest we mass-orphan all packages and see if any
co-maintainers step up to take ownership. I can email the respective
co-maintainers once the packages are orphaned.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Policy_for_nonresponsive_package_maintainers

has:

    Once approval has been given, follow
    PackageMaintainers/CVSAdminProcedure to have ownership of the package
    changed. In addition to this, the new owner must also reassign any open
    bugs on that package to themselves.

And then CVSAdminProcedure tells me that going through FAS is what needs
to happen for ownership-changes.

So for a case where the person doing the AWOL procedure wants to take
over a package: How would that be done? Does it take a ticket with
someone be opened to change ownership after the fesco member approval
and 3 day wait?

I'll happily fix the wiki page if someone tells me what the workflow is
supposed to be.

--
sven === jabber/xmpp: s...@lankes.net