On 14 February 2018 at 08:56, Igor Gnatenko <
ignatenkobr...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2018-02-14 at 09:39 +0100, Marian Csontos wrote:
> > I wonder, when there is a %check in spec, and the testsuite requires
> > more packages than BuildRequires, is there a way to have them installed
> > only if check is running?
>
> This has been brought up few time... There is nothing like that. The
> consensus,
> IIRC, was to use %bcond_without check and have
> %if %{with check}
> BuildRequires: ...
> %endif
>
> same for %check section itself. I think someone wanted to implement this
> generally in RPM, but this didn't happen.

Using such constructions is not compliant with --nocheck rpmbuild command
line option.
When I've proposed here CheckRequire few months ago on this list original
intention was to use those additional dependency when rpmbuild is not
executed with --nocheck option.

kloczek
PS. Igor may I ask you disable use PGP signs in public emails? or at least
switch to use PGP signature as MIME attachment? Please ..
I can understand that using PGP is OK or is sometimes necessary when
someone who receives your emails needs to be sure that it is your emails.
--
Tomasz Kłoczko | LinkedIn: *http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH <http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH>*