On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 10:37:38AM -0800, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On 02/12/2018 10:14 AM, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 10, 2018 at 6:48 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Not coming from a programming background I found the learning curve pretty
> >> steep when I first tried to become a packager, I'm not sure I wouldn't have
> >> given up if I had to do it now.
> >
> > Thanks for speaking up about this. I'm having trouble following along
> > with the latest changes too.
> >
> > Pagure brings a ton of benefits to dist-git management, so I don't
> > diss Pagure and all the hard work folks have put into making that a
> > reality. I just miss the easy birds-eye-view that the pkgdb web UI
> > provided.
>
> I agree things are rough around the edges. Thats why I proposed the
> number one deliverable from our upcoming Infrastructure Hackfest (
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure_Hackathon_2018 ) be
> cleaning up all our documentation and improving any workflows and
> scripts we can.
>
> I hope we can fix some of these issues there...

Along those lines, I would suggest collecting from this group the
common workflows (if needed), document them on the wiki and advertise
here for review.  Then we could use that as a punch list to guide that
work at the hackathon.

If someone wants to start the list of workflows, you can use this wiki
section:

https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Infrastructure_Hackathon_2018&action=edit&section=5