On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 11:51 AM, Steve Dickson <ste...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Yesterday I updated libevent to the latest upstream release.
>
> I mistakenly did not realized there was a SONAME change
> in this update. So if your package is dependent on
> libevent, you are going to have to rebuild.
>
> My apologies for this oversight...

Specifying major version numbers in the library files (extract below)
will ensure a build failure when the soname bumps to ensure this
doesn't happen and that you're aware of it can do do appropriate
communication/side tag builds/etc so it doesn't break rawhide for
everyone else that's trying to get things done in the future.

%{_libdir}/libevent-*.so.*
%{_libdir}/libevent_core-*.so.*
%{_libdir}/libevent_extra-*.so.*
%{_libdir}/libevent_openssl-*.so.*