Yes, there is a bug: https://github.com/fedora-infra/fmn/issues/275

>    I'm not 100% sure how it is here with current default git settings but
>    looks like package maintainers have not enabled watch settings on git
>    repos which they own or to which they have RW access.

You're confusing the mechanism present on src.fp.o that is entirely opt-in and
replaces the old watchcommits and watchbugzilla flags from pkgdb with the
notifications that are automatically set for all packagers via FMN and which do
include notifications about all and every commits done to packages they maintain
(and which currently seems to have a bug).

Pierre