There's an "fpc" package, which is a compiler, and a "lazarus" package, which
is a fancy IDE. Though not always, sometimes when compiling GUI applications,
Lazarus recompiles parts of its codebase using FPC. Unfortunately, this makes
the IDE dependent on a specific version of the compiler - if you install
Lazarus compiled with FPC v. X.Y.Z, while you have FPC v. A.B.C installed,
things are prone to break.

Now, I have submitted an update for FPC. When this update is pushed to stable,
it will probably break Lazarus for some use cases, as detailed above. Is there
any way I can perform a koji build for Lazarus using the not-yet-stable version
of FPC, so I could then push both of them into bodhi as a single update? Or
would my best course of action be to change Lazarus's "Requires: fpc" to a
fully-versioned dependency, with a comment explaining why I did that?

As far as I can see, previously this wasn't an issue, since joost (fpc &
lazarus maintainer) didn't usually perform FPC & Lazarus updates, preferring to
build new versions in Rawhide / early branched and have them roll out with the
next Fedora release.