On Wed, Mar 07, 2018 at 12:27:34PM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Wed, 2018-03-07 at 19:50 +0100, Marek Polacek wrote:
> > Recently we discovered a serious bug in the compiler whereby we miscompiled
> > several packages.  The problem started with my ABI-changing patch which
> > changed
> > how empty classes are passed, as per the x86_64 psABI (so this bug only
> > affects
> > x86_64).  The problem could arise when the code contained empty class
> > templates.
> > For more info see <https://gcc.gnu.org/PR84502>.
> >
> > I did another mass rebuild with a specially-tweaked gcc in order to find out
> > which packages need to be rebuild with patched gcc-8.0.1-0.16.  Sorry about
> > this.
> >
> > This is the list:
>
> <snip>
>
> >   xautolock-2.2-18.fc24.src.rpm
>
> This seems like an odd entry. How can a package last built for F24
> possibly be affected?

Just guessing; Marek has rebuilt all the non-noarch src.rpm for rawhide
and the package build diagnosed the ABI incompatibility.  Perhaps the build
normally only fails later than where the ABI issue was spotted.

The instrumented GCC had a new option to compile using the previous
(8.0.1-0.15 and earlier) wrong behavior and compiled everything twice,
comparing dumps on what would be produced between the two.

        Jakub