On 24 March 2018 at 03:14, Kevin Fenzi <ke...@scrye.com> wrote:
[..]
>> BTW In situations like this is possible to observe how really bad idea
>> was building ALL Fedora +5.6k texlive* packages from single sec file.
>
> Except that is no longer the case. texlive-base only has ~120 or so
> subpackages for each arch and also most of the packages that are deps
> for other things. The larger 'texlive' package is now a noarch package
> that doesn't need to be rebuilt very often.

Looking on texlive-base.spec I see ~180 packages but it is really
tiny/minor detail.

$ grep ^%files texlive-base.spec -c; grep ^%package texlive-base.spec -c
182
181

Good to know that (re)building all other ~5.5k texlive packages is
perfectly OK now ..
Rhetorical question: is it any and/or at least one good reason why
those ~180 texlive-base packages using ~350 source tar balls must be
(re)built always together?

kloczek
--
Tomasz Kłoczko | LinkedIn: http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH