Hello All!
This package, xmlgraphics-commons, didn't receive much attention
recently, so we missed an opportunity to update it in Fedora 28
without hurry. Unfortunatelyit seems that we have to.

Recently updated pdfbox (which has a subpackage fontbox, a Fop
dependency) makes fop-2.0 unable to produce PDF files (at least in
some cases). Upstream fixed compatibility in Fop version 2.1 (2.2 is
the latest available version).

I've updated Fop to 2.2 in Rawhide, but Fedora 28 still contains
broken Fop because it also requires upgrading xmlgraphics-commons up
to ver. 2.2. We ship ver. 2.0 in Fedora 28 currently. I've tried to
backport xmlgraphics-commons compatibility patches from fop 2.1 to 2.0
but it turned out to be a very complicated (for me) task.

So my proposal is to update xmlgraphics-commons from 2.0 to 2.2 in
Fedora 28. Full list of dependent packages is below (according to dnf
repoquery --whatrequires xmlgraphics-commons):

* arduino
* batik
* fop
* freemind
* jchart2d
* jeuclid
* scilab

I've googled a little and didn't find incompatibility issues betwee
2.0 and 2.x xmlgraphics-commons versions. According to release notes
all 2.x.y releases are minor API-compatible releases (
https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/commons/ ). So it should be ok.

At least fop and freemind were rebuilt successfully against
xmlgraphics-commons. Note that jeuclid and scilab are in FTBFS state
right now.

If nobody has any objections, then I'll update xmlgraphics-commons in
Fedora 28 to version 2.2 soon.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.