On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 03:56:18PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> However, for *package builds*, Recommends/Supplements are not
> installed. So *package builds* which only BuildRequire python2 or
> whatever would not get /usr/bin/python , and would thus fail. The
> packager could always just add BuildRequires python-unversioned-command
> to "fix" the problem, which is probably the fix we don't want them to
> do

We have a git hook in place for commit adding/removing exclusie-arch and alike
for the alternative arch folks. I guess we could tweak it to inform the
python-sig (for example) about commits adding/removing this BuildRequires in the
spec file.
Then the SIG could reach out to the maintainer and help them fix it properly or
see if there is a very good reason to do so.

Pierre