On 05/25/2018 04:12 AM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> (I am not EPEL user, but) I'm wondering what is the point of keeping so
> old version of bodhi-client in EPEL? I understand there might be some
> compatibility concerns, but Bodhi is quite specialized application and
> it moves forward with its features, so the bodhi-client should move
> forward as well ...

I have considered this. In fact, when I started working on Bodhi EPEL 7
was also on 0.9 and I asked for an exception to policy to raise it to
2.x. For EPEL 6 it is a little trickier since it has Python 2.6 and I'm
not sure whether the Bodhi CLI works there.

However, I just did a little poking and I see that there is a Python 3.4
package in EPEL, and the Bodhi CLI just became Python 3 compatible
(currently Rawhide only). This might give me a reasonable path forward
to switch EPEL 6 to a newer Bodhi client. Of course, I would ask the
EPEL SC for another exception but I think they'd likely grant it. The
EPEL 7 release has been stuck on a 2.x Bodhi as well because of issues
with webob, and moving it to Python 3 would probably alleviate that
problem as well.