Just FTR, this is upstream response:

> Yes, tzinfo supports the vanguard format introduced in tzdata 2018d
that became the main format in 2018e.

> Conversions to and from local time will be accurate with any release
supporting system zoneinfo files.

> I would recommend using the latest v1.2.5
<https://github.com/tzinfo/tzinfo/releases/tag/v1.2.5> release though.
This includes a fix to allow negative daylight savings time offsets to
be derived from zoneinfo files. This sets the
|TimezonePeriod#std_offset|
<https://www.rubydoc.info/gems/tzinfo/1.2.5/TZInfo/TimezonePeriod#std_offset-instance_method>
and |TimezonePeriod#utc_offset|
<https://www.rubydoc.info/gems/tzinfo/1.2.5/TZInfo/TimezonePeriod#utc_offset-instance_method>
attributes correctly when loading zoneinfo time zones that contain
negative DST offsets.

TL;DR rubygem-tzinfo should be compatible with the new tzdata, but I
should probably update to the latest version.

Vít