Josh Boyer <jwbo...@fedoraproject.org> writes:

>> I guess we disagree about what the problem is, but it's unfortunate if
>> Fedora/RH isn't interested in the sort of environment for which
>> config-package was developed.
>
> Can you elaborate more on what that environment is?

A fairly large university (not as big as MIT) with on-campus and
off-campus systems, already installed or not, and centrally-managed or
not..

> I read the
> website you linked to, but I still don't understand how this wouldn't
> be similarly solved with Ansible.

Doubtless it could be done with Ansible, but than you have to bootstrap
and maintain Ansible as well as the rest of it, and worry about a
competing Ansible on some centrally-managed systems.

[If I was managing a bunch of centrally-managed on-campus systems like
teaching "clusters", I'd just use a stateless image, as for an HPC
cluster, and as used to work on such systems with ~zero resources other
than AFS knowledge.]