On 18.6.2018 11:45, Milan Crha wrote:
On Mon, 2018-06-18 at 11:19 +0200, Miro Hrončok wrote:
What Python are those files for actually? Are they imported or
executed?

        Hi,
I do not speak pythonish, I'm sorry, but from what I recall they had
been added as some sort of unit tests. I think they are meant to be
executed only, but I do not know how they are used by 3rd-parties, if
at all. The corresponding .test files execute them using `behave`:

   [Test]
   Type=session-exclusive
   Exec=behave /usr/libexec/evolution/installed-tests -t view_shortcuts -k -f
html -o view_shortcuts.html -f plain

Hope it helps.

1. behave is Python 2 (you might want to check if it works with behave-3 and switch to Python 3 if it works)

2. behave does not create pyc files, so IMHO you do not need to bytecompile those with any Python
--
Miro Hrončok