On Tue, 2018-08-07 at 11:33 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> Consider a library like libGL. At runtime, you want the drivers it
> might load to be installed. But when building an application, you
> just
> need the library itself. If the drivers themselves have non-trivial
> dependencies, the buildroot is more likely to fail to compose.
>
> The problem, in a sense, is that the devel package requires the
> package
> providing the API library, _and_ said required package requires the
> drivers. What if instead you had (in pseudo-spec):
>
> %package devel
> Requires: %{name}-sdk
>
> %package sdk
>
> %package libs
> Requires: foo-drivers
>
> where -libs and -sdk have identical %files, but -sdk has automatic
> provides for library sonames turned off (so it never satisfies a
> runtime dependency). This would duplicate some content on the
> mirrors,
> but not the installed system, and it would let you compose a
> buildroot
> with only the API surface you link against.

In my point of view, in opencv package , sdk should require -devel not
the inverse

%package sdk
Requires: %{name}-devel

or doc contains the sdk examples :
%package        doc
Requires:       %{name}-devel = %{version}-%{release}

In Virtualbox package, I put part of sdk in devel sub-package and the
other part in pyhton2-%{name}

%files devel
%{_libdir}/virtualbox/sdk
%exclude %{_libdir}/virtualbox/sdk/bindings/xpcom/python

%files -n python2-%{name}
%{_libdir}/virtualbox/*.py*
%{python2_sitelib}/virtualbox
%{python2_sitelib}/vboxapi*
%{_libdir}/virtualbox/VBoxPython2_7.so
%{_libdir}/virtualbox/sdk/bindings/xpcom/python

in resume I do not have any sdk sub-package , and or put that files on
docs or in devel dependent on importance ...

--
Sérgio M. B.