Using modules for this purpose will take some care for parallel
installability - unless you are happy with sagemath only being runnable
from within a container.

Unless I'm missing something, to restore a python2 subpackage that has been
removed in the main Fedora, you'd need to:

 - Create a stream branch
 - Modify the spec file in that branch to *only* build the python2
subpackage
 - Include that stream branch in your module

Regards,
Owen