On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 5:00 PM Neal Gompa <ngomp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 9:02 AM Vít Ondruch <vondr...@redhat.com> wrote:

> > > There is a ticket asking just for this. We'll get to it sooner or later.

> > > Not quite sure what this implies
> >
> > It is just surprising it is not supported yet out of the box by whatever
> > library you are using to convert other markups to html.
> >

> Pagure is in Python. There are now no useful implementations of *.adoc
> renderers in Python. It's not that surprising.

After a bit of looking around, it looks like almost no code
highlighting tool supports AsciiDoc (yet). Neither pygments (python)
nor rouge (ruby) support it.

The only "libraries" supporting AsciiDoc that I could find were
highlight.js and prism.js. But, looking at pagure's source code, it
already seems to use highlight.js. Maybe it's just a version without
AsciiDoc support enabled?

Side note: Is AsciiDoc really such an obscure format?

Fabio