On 10/28/18 7:56 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:

> We are all astonished honestly,
> I took to fedora-devel only because I finished reading *all* the
> internal emails about it that I downloaded so far (it took me a few
> hours) and ... still can't digest the news.
>

> I am sure it will happen at some point, but this is news for *everyone*
> at Red Hat except a handful (at the CXX level) so give us some time ...

As someone who has been through this scenario multiple times ( and not
currently at RH ), here are some helpful things we can do to support our
community members that are directly involved with this process;

* be mindful that they are people who will have concerns and feelings to
process
* keep focused on our bug reports, patches, packages, artwork, etc
* help celebrate the community this week (I think thats a thing thats
happening?)
* Install F29, Install Silverblue
* Answer the questions you know the answers to ( this is mostly a
reminder to myself, but if you want, you can borrow it :)
* Be patient, keep a list of questions or concerns that pertain to you,
there will be a time and a place for asking

I'm terrible at metaphors, but if you haven't been through this type of
thing before, it feels as if someone just sent you official notice that
you've drowned in a desert, or chocolate and vanilla are the same
flavors. In other words, it will take a bit for folks to find their footing.

Cheers,
Zach
#aikidouke