On Sun, 4 Nov 2018 at 19:50, Michael Schwendt <mschwe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Nov 2018 12:17:00 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>
> > recordmydesktop was retired in F27:
> >

> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/4RCB6MBC4JVGG4SYLIKUDOOT2REGA6N4/
> >
> > It's claimed that it doesn't work and is full of crash bugs, but I was
> > able to compile it on F29 and it works fine for me, and it's a very
> > useful little tool.
>
> Quoting https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1538352#c1
>
> | Yes, recordmydesktop was intentionally retired due to the project being
> | abandoned (no new release in 10 years), it contained many crash bugs,
> | and was not at all working on Wayland.
>
> There are various WONTFIX and EOL issues tracked in bugzilla. Bringing
> back the package without going through those tickets first doesn't sound
> like a good idea.

Agreed. Not only did I get quite regular abrt reports for both
recordmydesktop and gtk-recordmydesktop, I also received a good deal of
flak from people who had the (quite reasonable, IMO) expectation that it
would work on our default windowing system... So I suppose you take
ownership of it at your own peril.

--
Mat Booth
http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora