Dne 09. 11. 18 v 16:28 Stephen Gallagher napsal(a):
> On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 9:53 AM Kevin Kofler <kevin.kof...@chello.at> wrote:
>> Raphael Groner wrote:
>>
>>> Kevin,
>>> That statement doesn't make any sense for me. Can you explain, please? How
>>> should modules live without packages in background? We'd already discussed
>>> this in another thread.
>> I don't think you understood the sentence I wrote.
>>
>> The current state is that we can have:
>> main repo: no package foo, no package libfoo (but many other packages)
>> module foo-1: foo-1.8.10, libfoo-1.8.12
>> module foo-2: foo-2.0.0, libfoo-2.0.1
>> but the "main repo: no package foo, no package libfoo" part is what I am
>> objecting to, especially if libfoo is used by more packages than just foo.
>>
>> I want to require the main repo to contain some version of libfoo, and other
>> packages (from the main repo or from modules other than foo) should be
>> required to use the version in the main repo and not in some non-default
>> module.
> This is literally the exact way things work today, except that instead
> of "the main repo", we treat it as "the main repo OR the default
> stream of the module".
>
> Nothing in the main repo is permitted to use anything that is not
> available in the main repo or a default module stream at runtime. Full
> stop.
>
> The case of Ursa Major is special: it's addressing the case where we
> may have some *build-time* requirements that are not in the default
> repo.

I might be missing something, but how do you want to enforce this ^^?
This sounds that although build succeeds, runtime might fail later,
because of missing dependencies. This might not happen for Go you used
as an example, because it is statically linked, but it must be the case
for other dynamically linked libraries.

V.