On 11/18/18 1:44 AM, Mattia Verga wrote:
> Il 11/17/18 10:59 PM, Philip Kovacs ha scritto:
>
>>   You want to attract packagers, not irritate them.
>
> In my opinion, "irritating" is when a maintainer doesn't reply to bugs that
> users fill in Bugzilla. If they can't found enough time to reply or change
> state of any bug in a six months period, than maybe it is better someone else
> take care of their package.
>
> Being a volunteer doesn't mean to not have any responsibility.

So, this has come up... at least 3 times.
I can't seem to find the first one, but at least one of the old discussions:

https://lwn.net/Articles/261833/

it was always decided that it would be too annoying to maintainers, but
that was before we had fedmsg and more information on activity, so
perhaps it's worth looking into again.

One of the problems is that we want bugs fixed, but all bugs are not
created equal. We don't want to force maintainers to say they are active
in every bug they get, but currently we allow non responsive process for
that, so a activity ping might well be an improvement over that.

We also want to know when people are inactive so we can get someone else
to maintain their packages, but any packages with co-maintainers should
already be taking that on, so perhaps we should worry more about
packages that only have one maintainer?

kevin