On Tue, 2018-09-25 at 08:43 +0200, Igor Gnatenko wrote:
> new meson release is out (release notes) which removes tools which
> are deprecated for quite long time:
> * mesonconf
> * mesonintrospect
> * mesontest
> * wraptool

        Hi,
having installed meson-0.48.1-1.fc29.noarch and trying to build
geocode-glib 3.26.0 (the latest upstream release
https://download.gnome.org/sources/geocode-glib/ as of now), it fails
to build due to missing mesontest:

  Building module geocode-glib in /home/user/fp/.flatpak-
  builder/build/geocode-glib-2
  ERROR: Command 'mesontest' not found

> F28 and EPEL7 won't get update because of this incompatibility,
> but if you need it for building updates -- let me know and I will
> consider pushing it even there.

From the above I believe you should not add this to the stable releases
"if anyone needs it", unless you do some proof that it won't break more
than the geocode-glib (and/or fix the breakage at the same time).

I mean this just as a notice/confirmation that there are packages which
can be broken with this change, as you pointed out.
        Bye,
        Milan