On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 10:17 AM Frantisek Zatloukal
<fzatl...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Why is this Self-Contained Change and not a System Wide Change?
>
> It seems, at least to me, that it should be System Wide Change, according to
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Policy#Complex_system_wide_changes .

Is it really that complicated? It's just a readline bump and bash
itself getting bumped. From the Fedora perspective, it means we get to
drop a whole bunch of patches we were already carrying since they are
part of the 5.0 release.

From the shell script language point of view, there is only one
notable backwards incompatible change: a behavior change to
namerefs, which are not commonly used at all.