On 1/29/19 11:57 AM, Vít Ondruch wrote:

Dne 29. 01. 19 v 11:39 Miro Hrončok napsal(a):
On 29. 01. 19 11:29, Ben Cotton wrote:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/MongoDB_Removal

== Summary ==
Fedora has determined that the Server Side Public Licensev1 (SSPL) is
not a Free Software License. Therefore, we need to drop MongoDB from
Fedora.

While I'm in favor of the removal, I don't think this is entirely true.

It should read:

Therefore, we need to drop MongoDB from Fedora or never update it
again.
Never updating it would bring security issues, hence we decided to
remove it.

Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)

This is not true. This page needs to list all dependent packages on
Mongo and all dependent packages on Mongo connectors (such as
python-pymongo).

Yes, right. There is rubygem-mongo and rubygem-mongoid and they will
become FTBFS without MongoDB. The test suite could be disabled, but this
will be unfortunate, because historically it helped to uncover issues on
some of our arches.

While I see the value of tests, I personally don't consider just the testing purposes to be a good enough reason to keep unmaintained mongodb-server in Fedora, and don't see any other option here.

Do you see any viable solution here, Vit?

Honza

Vít

The change should explain if other packagers are expected to remove
the functionality from their packages or if the change owners will do
that.

If we just remove Mongo, it will cause broken deps.

Also, do we plan to move Mongo to the famous other repo (I assume
nonfree section)?