On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 4:27 AM Miro Hrončok <mhron...@redhat.com> wrote:

> The following packages are orphaned and will be retired when they
> are orphaned for six weeks, unless someone adopts them. If you know for
> sure
> that the package should be retired, please do so now with a proper reason:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_remove_a_package_at_end_of_life
>
> I plan to retire packages that were already announced 3 times next Monday.

Which packages?

llvm5.0                       jistone, orphan, tstellar            0 weeks
> ago

This is needed for ARM by ghc:8.4 and
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/GHC_8.4

> llvm6.0                       orphan, tstellar                     0 weeks
> ago

This is needed on ARM by ghc:8.6.

I have to say I am not really enjoying this ongoing aggressive package
retirement process.
If packages are not broken and needed by other packages, then I don't see
why we are hurrying to break things.
I think a better process might be for maintainers orphaning packages to
contact dependent package maintainers directly asking them to take over the
package they want to drop.

Jens