On 08/13/2010 12:58 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> The current approach of trying to force maintainers to accept patches
>> simply does not work.
> The only reason it doesn't work is that our organizational structure is not
> built to make this work.
>
>          Kevin Kofler

I've yet to see a convincing argument that it should be so.  If a patch
has technical merit and for some reason is suitable and beneficial for
Fedora and not upstream, it should be reasonably easy to convince the
maintainer of this.  If not, then FESCO.  But these are rare cases.
Maintaining forks of a slew of packages is not why we're here, for the
security and sustainability arguments already ably made.

-J

--
- in your fear, speak only peace
   in your fear, seek only love