I've gone ahead with my proposal and created the Stewardship SIG.

This includes the SIGs/Stewardship wiki page [0], the @stewardship-sig
FAS group [1], to which high-priority orphaned packages can be
assigned, and the stewardship-sig mailing list [2].

- Purpose
The purpose of this SIG is to make sure fedora doesn't implode after
package mass orphanings or retirements. The idea is that orphaned
critpath packages and (build) dependencies of critpath packages (and
maybe additional, other important packages) can be assigned to this
group (if nobody else volunteers) to make sure they are taken care of,
and don't have to be retired.

- Scope
This work complements, but doesn't replace the work on getting modular
builds integrated better into the current "classic RPM packaging"
workflows. However, since some packagers are already moving ahead with
making packages module-only, this SIG will also serve as an interim
band-aid solution here - to make sure, that - for example - the
libreoffice package doesn't have to be retired.

- Joining
If you want to join me (I know that at least Miro and Neal showed
interest), add yourself to the Members list at the bottom of the Wiki
page, and/or apply for membership in the fedora accounts system (FAS)
or on the group page on src.fp.org. I'll then add you to the mailing
list [2] and FAS group (being a member of the @packager group is
obviously a prerequisite, but being a @provenpackager is not -
although it might be useful).

Fabio "decathorpe"