On Thu, 2019-03-21 at 17:25 +0000, Michael Zhang wrote:
> Hi
>
> From the previous email, it was stated that it's mandatory to include
> the building of the Open Liberty binaries into the rpmbuild. We are
> planning on doing that and making it publicly available through
> Github. So does that mean that you guys at Fedora are going to
> rebuild from source to publish, or do they just want to be sure that
> would be possible?

All binaries in Fedora packages must be compiled from source at package
build time. No pre-built binaries can be shipped.

This is right in the guidelines:

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/what-can-be-packaged/

"No inclusion of pre-built binaries or libraries

All program binaries and program libraries included in Fedora packages
must be built from the source code that is included in the source
package."

Please make sure the project as published is set up to be rebuilt
easily, ideally using standard tools and conventions. Thanks.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey