On 27/03/19 16:13 +0100, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 04:08:59PM +0100, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
Jakub, thanks for the tip! Now I moved a little further. I've added
-save-temps to CXXFLAGS and indeed there is something wrong. Here is
how this cstddef file was included:

===========
# 1 "/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/9/include/stddef.h" 1 3 4
# 51 "/usr/include/c++/9/cstddef" 2 3

# 52 "/usr/include/c++/9/cstddef" 3
      "C++"

Wow, somebody did something very silly.

{

namespace std
{

  using ::max_align_t;
}
# 197 "/usr/include/c++/9/cstddef" 3
}
# 25 "./include/strings.hpp" 2

You can use -E -dD to see what macros are defined and where.
If the app does
#define extern
before including system headers, then it obviously needs to be fixed.
It can do that before its own include headers if it makes sure it will work,

It's undefined behaviour to do so, but I guess if they want to deal
with that, that's their problem.

"A translation unit shall not #define or #undef names lexically
identical to keywords, "

but system headers of course should be able to use extern whenever it makes
sense in there.

        Jakub