On 4/2/19 11:07 AM, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> To help testing firefox on wayland I'm running it as my day to day
> browser
> now, but when I click links (specifically in thunderbird) I get a dialog
> saying "firefox is running but not responding". I believe this is caused
> by thunderbird spawning /usr/bin/firefox to open the link instead of
> firefox-wayland.
>
> Any ideas how to fix this? I guess I could try to set
> MOZ_ENABLE_WAYLAND=1
> in my environment everywhere, but AFAIK a Wayland gnome-shell will not
> parse /etc/profile or any of the other scripts, so setting an env
> variable
> so that it works for apps launched from gnome-shell is tricky...
>
> Regards,
>
> Hans

Hi Hans,

FWIW, I've been running Firefox on Wayland ever since Wayland was
available on fedora.
I have not noticed anything unexpected with regard to clicking on links
from anywhere, mostly ones in Thunderbird
current setup:
uname -a: Linux rwells-x280 5.0.4-200.fc29.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Mar 25
02:27:33 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
rpm -q firefox: firefox-66.0.1-4.fc29.x86_64
Let me know if you want me to run any experiments.
cheers,
roger

Roger Wells, P.E.
leidos