> On Di, 09.04.19 10:11, Adam Williamson (adamw...@fedoraproject.org) wrote:
>
>> Basically, anything that's part of the install environment is going to
>> be present after a live install. That accounts for both of the above:
>> the installer supports multipath and dmraid storage devices, so the
>> relevant packages are part of the install environment, so they're part
>> of the lives, so they're installed by a live install.
>
> Hmm, but the installed OS is not 100% the same as the livesys, or is
> it? If not, it should be possible to add a "systemctl disable
> dmraid.service --root=/path/to/os" somewhere, no?
>
>> To be specific here, 'at' is part of the @standard group. 'chrony'
>> is
>
> Yupp, it's very confusing that we have chrony and cronie in our OS
> and both are installed by default... ;-)
>
>>> I don't know on this. I remember something about containers and flatpaks
>>> but .. I don't know.
>>
>> Boxes is a key component of Workstation, and it relies on libvirt. It's
>> in the 'Core Applications' definition of the Workstation tech spec:
>
> Hmm, but boxes supposedly uses the user session version of libvirt,
> no? it doesn't actually use the system service?

You're right it does not explicitly talk to the system libvirtd
instance. But boxes implicitly depends on system libvirtd to autostart
the 'default' virtual network, which is the preferred networking method.
boxes VMs then essentially use a small setuid helper shipped with qemu
to use the default virbr0 for unprivileged VMs.

Thanks,
Cole