On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 3:22 PM Michael Watters <watte...@watters.ws> wrote:

> You mean like systemd?  ;)

Given the origin of this thread, I tried not to go there.  However,
now that you've broached it, yes.  This :D.

systemd is a lot of things, but it also is the way forward we think
that our audience wants.  It has the adoption that shows that leaving
it out is bad, and in this specific cron example, not using its full
feature set is probably bad for our users and is poor of us as a
distro.

The more interesting set of cases is what our users want/need to be
successful.  For example, if we are targetting developers, should we
work on replacing some tools like `cat` with `bat` as it is code
aware.  This would be a HUGE undertaking, potentially, but could
potentially create an ease of use and experience that shows we
understand our market.

regards,

bex

> On 4/10/19 7:10 AM, Brian (bex) Exelbierd wrote:
> > Adding software the user doesn't want
> > to have it as assumed for other users is always a trade-off.

Brian (bex) Exelbierd | bexel...@redhat.com | b...@pobox.com
Fedora Community Action & Impact Coordinator
@bexelbie | http://www.winglemeyer.org